It was in La Côte-aux-Fées, a small village in the Swiss part of the Jura, that Georges Édouard Piaget sketched the first strokes of what, decades later, was to become an inimitable signature in the world of luxury and fine watchmaking. In 1874, he started his first workshop on the family farm and devoted himself to making high-precision movements that he soon began supplying to the most prestigious brands. In order to keep pace with its growing success, in 2001 the company opened the new Manufacture de Haute Horlogerie Piaget in Plan-les-Ouates, just outside Geneva. The latter’s ongoing pursuit of new challenges in the demanding field of ultra-thin watchmaking stems from the premier importance it devotes to the elegance of its timepieces. This philosophy leads it to consistently push the boundaries of extreme slenderness, resulting in 2013 in an exceptional feat of fine watchmaking: the minute repeater. Drawing on the breadth of its fully integrated expertise, Piaget fuses technique and design now more than ever in jewelry and watchmaking.